Online Link to Act/Rule/Legislation
Initial Setup or Ongoing Maintenance
Initial Setup only
Filing and Maintenance Requirements
Form FC-GPR to be filed for investment.
• The liability for violation of provisions of the FDI Policy and FDI Master Circular are governed by the FEMA and is of civil nature in the form of imposition of penalties.
• The imposable penalty can be up to 3 (three) times the sum involved in a contravention where the amount is quantifiable.
• For offences where the sum involved is not quantifiable, a penalty up to Rs. 200,000 (Rupees Two Hundred Thousand only) can be imposed.
• Further, where a contravention is of continuing nature, the adjudicating authority concerned may impose an additional penalty of up to Rs. 5,000 (Rupees Five Thousand only) per day for the period of continued contravention.
• The adjudicating authority can also order confiscation of any currency, security or any other money or property in respect of which the contravention has taken place.
• Further, in the event of the defaulter failing to make full payment of the penalty imposed on him within a period of 90 (ninety) days from the date on which notice for payment of such penalty is served on him, such defaulter is punishable with civil imprisonment under the provisions of FEMA.
Application Guidelines / Responsible Persons / Comments