Compliance with anti bribery provisions
Online Link to Act/Rule/Legislation
Initial Setup or Ongoing Maintenance
Ongoing compliance requirement
Filing and Maintenance Requirements
To comply with the anti-bribery provisions contained therein.
The UK Bribery Act may be applicable for the following:
-UK based companies planning to invest in/acquire an Indian company
- Indian subsidiaries of UK-based companies
- Indian companies with their principle place of business in the UK/Business organized under any region in the UK
- Indian companies listed on stock exchanges in the UK
- UK nationals employed in India Indian nationals employed in the UK
(1) An individual guilty of an offence under section 1, 2 or 6 is liable—
(a) on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12
months, or to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum, or to both,
(b) on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding
10 years, or to a fine, or to both.
(2) Any other person guilty of an offence under section 1, 2 or 6 is liable—
(a) on summary conviction, to a fine not exceeding the statutory
(b) on conviction on indictment, to a fine.
(3) A person guilty of an offence under section 7 is liable on conviction on
indictment to a fine.
(4) The reference in subsection (1)(a) to 12 months is to be read—
(a) in its application to England and Wales in relation to an offence
committed before the commencement of section 154(1) of the Criminal
Justice Act 2003, and
(b) in its application to Northern Ireland,
as a reference to 6 months.
Application Guidelines / Responsible Persons / Comments