License for warehouse – Andhra pradesh
Online Link to Act/Rule/Legislation
Initial Setup or Ongoing Maintenance
Initial Setup only
Filing and Maintenance Requirements
Any person may, subject to the provisions of this Act, obtain a licence in respect of his warehouse; and the provisions of Chapters III, IV and V of this Act, except the Explanation to Section 17, shall apply only to a licensed warehouse
(a) acts, or holds himself out, as a licensed warehouseman without having obtained a licence under this Act, or
(b) knowingly, contravenes or fails to comply with any of the provisions or requirements of this Act or the rules, shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend one year or with fine or with both.
(2) Where a person committing an offence under sub-section (1) is a company or an association or a body of persons, whether incorporated or not, the manager, secretary, agent or other principal officer, managing the affairs of such company, association or body, shall be deemed to be guilty of such offence.
Application Guidelines / Responsible Persons / Comments
Application for, and grant and renewal of licence
(1) Every application for a licence under Section 3 shall be made to the prescribed authority and shall be in the prescribed form.
(2) If the prescribed authority is satisfied--
(a) that the warehouse is suitable for the proper storage of the class or classes of goods in respect of which the licence has been applied for;
(b) that the applicant is competent to conduct such a warehouse;
(c) that he fulfils any other condition notified by the Government in this behalf;
(d) that the applicant has paid the fee prescribed for the licence and has also furnished the prescribed security, if any; such authority may grant a licence to the applicant for the conduct of business in respect of his warehouse in accordance with the terms of the licence and the provisions of this Act and the rules.
(3) Every licence granted under this section shall be valid for the prescribed period and may, on application and payment of the prescribed fee, be renewed, from time to time, by the prescribed authority and for the prescribed period, provided the other conditions in sub-section (2) continue to be fulfilled.
(4) If the prescribed authority refuses to grant or renew a licence under this section, it shall record its reasons for such refusal in writing and communicate a copy of its order to the applicant.