License for importing,exporting any ozone depleting substance
Online Link to Act/Rule/Legislation
Initial Setup or Ongoing Maintenance
Initial Setup only
Filing and Maintenance Requirements
No person shall import or cause to import any product specified in column (2) of Schedule VII which are made with or contain ozone depleting substances specified in column (3) after the date specified in column (4) of that Schedule unless he obtains a license issued by the authority:
Provided that such products which do not contain such ozone depleting substances shall carry a label to that effect before its import is allowed after the date specified in Column 4 of Schedule VII.
(2) No person or enterprise shall export or cause to export any product specified in column (2) of Schedule VII unless such product carries a label specifying whether or not the product has been made with or contains, as the case may be, ozone depleting substances specified in column (3) of that Schedule, after the date specified in column (5) of that Schedule.
(3) No person shall either himself or by any other person or enterprise on his behalf sell, stock or exhibit for sale or distribute any product resulting out of activities, or provide services, specified in column (2) of Schedule IV using ozone depleting substances specified in column (3) after the date specified in column (4) of that Schedule.
Application Guidelines / Responsible Persons / Comments
The procedure for registration and conditions of registration under various provisions of these rules shall be as specified in Schedule IX.
(2) The registering authority shall not register if he is not satisfied that the procedure for registration or conditions of registration are fulfilled.
(3) The registering authority shall cancel the registration if he is satisfied that condition(s) of registration have been violated.
(4) The registering authority shall give the concerned person an opportunity of being heard before passing orders under sub-rules (2) and (3) and the orders shall be made in writing.
(5) An appeal against an order of the registering authority shall lie with the authority specified in column (6) of Schedule V within thirty days of communication of such order.
(6) The registration shall be valid for the period specified in Schedule IX and its renewal shall be necessary.
(7) The procedure for and conditions of renewal of registration shall be the same as applicable to registration.