License to operate a factory – Andhra Pradesh
Online Link to Act/Rule/Legislation
Initial Setup or Ongoing Maintenance
Initial Setup only
Filing and Maintenance Requirements
To start an industry in the state of Andhra Pradesh, a subset of 24 different clearances may be required. Of these, 13 approvals / clearances are necessary in the Pre-establishment stage and 11 approvals / clearances are necessary in the Pre-operation stage.
Application Guidelines / Responsible Persons / Comments
The newly introduced single desk system has been introduced to make Andhra Pradesh a business friendly environment. It has the following steps:
1. The applicant shall register through the Single Desk provision on the
2. Industries Department Portal
3. On registration, applicant will be given a unique ID and password for future reference
4. The application form along with prescribed attachments shall be submitted / uploaded online, wherever feasible. Other attachments (wherever necessary) shall be sent to the concerned designated competent authority through courier, and can be tracked online through a built-in system as per guidance available in the Single Desk portal
5. On receipt of application form, the system will automatically forward it to the concerned competent authorities.