No-objection from the fire safety department
Online Link to Act/Rule/Legislation
Initial Setup or Ongoing Maintenance
Initial Setup only
Filing and Maintenance Requirements
To obtain a no-objection certificate for the premises.
Any Person Proposing to construct a building of more than 15 meters height for commercial / business purpose, 18 meters and above height for residential purpose, and buildings of public congregation like schools, cinema halls, function halls, religious place, which are more than 500 sq. Meeter in plot area or 6 meters and above in hight shall apply to the Director General or any member of the service duly authorised by him in this behalf, before submission of such building plans to the authority or officer competent to approve the same under the relevant law, for the time being force, for a no objection certificate along with such fee as may be prescribed.
The owner or occupier of any place using it for any one or more of the purposes mentioned in the notification issued under S.15 of the Andhra Pradesh Fire Service Act, 1999 in Annexure-I appended to the Rules, shall within 30 days from the date of notification shall submit an Application in Form No. 5 in duplicate along with plans and fees to the Authorized Officer either by delivery in person or by Registered Post for the grant of licence.
Whoever willfully contravenes any provisions of this Act or the rules made there under or fails to comply with any requisition lawfully made upon him under any provisions of this Act shall , without prejudice to any other action taken against him under section 22 be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three months or with fine which may extend to twenty five thousand rupees or with both and where the offence is a continuing one ,with a further fine which may extend to three thousand rupees for every day during which such offence continues after the conviction for the first such offence.
Application Guidelines / Responsible Persons / Comments
Procedure for filing applications as per the Single Desk Policy which is applicable for NoC and Occupancy Certificate from Fire Services
1) The applicant shall register through the Single Desk provision on the
Industries Department Portal
2) On registration, applicant will be given a unique ID and password for
3) The application form along with prescribed attachments shall be
submitted / uploaded online, wherever feasible. Other attachments
(wherever necessary) shall be sent to the concerned designated
competent authority through courier, and can be tracked online
through a built-in system as per guidance available in the Single Desk
4) On receipt of application form, the system will automatically forward
it to the concerned competent authorities.
5) All competent authorities will be provided online access to the Portal
through a secure user id and password, to process the applications
forwarded to them
6) For additional attachments dispatched by courier to respective
departments, the concerned competent authority shall enter the date
of receipt in the system which will be the reference date specific to
clearance / department
7) In case the competent authority does not acknowledge the receipt of
attachments within 3 working days of dispatch as noted initially in
the system, the 4th working day from dispatch shall be construed as
reference date specific to clearance / department
8) The competent authority may ask for additional information from the
applicant only once, within first 3 days for those departments with
SLAs less than 10 days and within 7 days for those departments with
SLAs less than 21 days, under intimation to the nodal agency.
9) The competent authority shall process the application and
communicate the decision (approve/reject the request along with his
comments) and upload the same in the system within the prescribed
10) Once the request is approved by the concerned department, the
applicant can take a printout of the approval
11) The Commissioner of Industries will be authorized to issue specific
clearances in case of Large Industries and District Collector in case of
MSME in case the concerned department not provide clearance after
following due process within stipulated time. The responsibility of
any such clearance being provided due to delay on behalf of specific
department shall lie with the HoD of that department.
12) Necessary enabling provisions will be made in concerned Acts /
Rules to empower Commissioner of Industries/ District Collector
13) Applicant will be given an option to file for all clearances at one /
14) Parallel Processing of clearances will be allowed to expedite closure of
application process and the concerned departments shall issue
clearances subject to obtaining other mandatory clearances.
15) At each stage of the application, an email and SMS alerts will be sent
to the applicant