Submission of environment statement
Online Link to Act/Rule/Legislation
Initial Setup or Ongoing Maintenance
Ongoing compliance requirement
Filing and Maintenance Requirements
Whoever carries out an industry and requires consents under the Water Act, Air Act, Hazardous Wastes Rules or the Environment Protection Act is required to submit an environmental statement for every financial year to the respective SPCB, in Form V, before 30th September every year.
• Penalties for the first failure or contravention of the compliance requirements under the Environment Protection Act may attract:
• Imprisonment for a term extending up to 5 (five) years; or fine extending up to Rs. 100,000 (Rupees One Hundred Thousand only); or with both.
• Further, continuation of the offence attracts a fine of Rs. 5,000 (Rupees Five Thousand only) per day from the day of conviction for the first failure or contravention.
• Contraventions or failures to comply in excess of 1 (one) year from the date of conviction for the first contravention or failure may attract imprisonment for a term extending up to 7 (seven) years.
• Any person who was in charge/ responsible for conduct of the business of a company when such offence was committed by the company will be held guilty of the offence and be liable for punishment accordingly. The only protection available from prosecution is to prove that the act was committed without knowledge of the concerned person or it could not have been prevented despite due diligence.
Application Guidelines / Responsible Persons / Comments