News and Events
A list of news and events relevant to the Food, FMCG and Logistics industries, with a special focus on Compliance related issues.
- August 24, 2016 7:42amIndia, US can fix poultry issue via WTO’s compliance panelIndia can approach the World Trade Organization's compliance panel to preempt the US from imposing trade sanctions following ...Read more
- August 24, 2016 5:51amConsumer-focused regulatory framework need of the hour, says Indian PMIndia’s prime minister, Narendra Modi, called for a consumer-focused approach to the regulatory framework. On completion of ten years of the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, he said, “The Food... Read more
- August 16, 2016 5:43amFSSAI releases draft stds for chocolate & includes veg oil as additiveRead more
- August 16, 2016 5:42amFSSAI moves amendment to legally validate licensing and regn timelineRead more
- August 10, 2016 6:13amFast food not defined under Food Safety & Stds Act, 2006 & RegulationsAs per information provided by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) under the ministry of health and family welfare, the term fast food is not defined under the Food Safety and...Read more
- August 10, 2016 6:12amIndias food industry overcoming regulatory jolts, on road to recoveryThe Indian food industry, which had been beset by regulatory issues in the past one year, is recovering, with most of the issues having been ironed out by the government.Read more